We opened our Advanced Hepatology Program in March 2007 with one goal: to create an internationally recognized program dedicated to helping patients with liver disease through comprehensive treatment and groundbreaking research. Today, our hepatologists care for thousands of patients with liver, pancreatic, gallbladder and biliary tree disease. From education and treatment to cutting-edge research, we aim to give our patients hope and healing, all in the compassionate, patient-centered environment we’ve built our reputation on.
Living with liver, gallbladder, biliary tree and pancreas disease can take a physical, emotional and mental toll on patients and their caregivers. Our state-of-the-art facilities and our team of specialists are equipped to care for all your hepatology needs, from the common to the complex:
- Abnormal liver tests
- Viral Hepatitis A, B, C, D, E
- Autoimmune liver disease
- Autoimmune hepatitis
- Primary biliary cirrhosis
- Primary sclerosing cholangitis
- Overlap syndromes
- Drug induced liver injury
- Liver tumors (malignant and benign)
- Ascites, esophageal and gastric varices and portal Hypertension
- Hepatic encephalopathy (confusion induced by liver disease)
- Liver biopsies (ultrasound guided and laparoscopic)
- Abdominal paracentesis
- Pre- and post-transplant services
At the AdventHealth Hepatology Program, we're focused on achieving better patient outcomes through innovative research.
- In 2008, we initiated Phase 2 trials for hepatitis C treatments for two categories of patients: patients who hadn't previously received treatment for their illness and patients who received treatment for their illness, without success.
- We've also participated in clinical trials that test the success of new medicines for patients with advanced-stage liver cancer.
- We have also partnered with the University of Central Florida College of Medicine, where we formulated the curriculum for students in the study of liver diseases.